My final major project is based upon the human body, with the title 'Architecture of the Human Body'. I have been interested in the human body throughout this year, with many of my ideas sparking from this concept. I am particularly interest in artists such as Antony Gormley, especially the series Aperture, as a result of his ideas on the human body having a space of its own. He considers the body as a place rather than an object.
The human form is such as broad area to look into that it allows me to explore and investigate many different areas such as organs, microscopic domains, the body as a whole and so much more. I hope to explore many of these areas in an assortment of materials, processes and techniques.
Below are artists than have inspired me previously, who may prompt new and exciting ideas in my projects.
The nail art by
Gormley is also very intriguing, as he creates the spacial area of the human form out of old nails. These are located in a cathedral, in unusual positions that the human form would never usually situate. I made a sample piece similar to this idea using pins in clay. I wanted to create a spine-like piece. The ball ends of the pins act as the focal design, whilst the long ends fill in the gaps.
 |
| 3D drawing in style of Oliveira |
 |
Doris Kim Sung
I have also visited many exhibitions, museums and galleries to catalyse ideas for my final major project. I visited Barcelona, London Galleries such as the Victoria Miro, Gagosian Gallery and the White Chapel Gallery, as well as the more local National Museum of Wales.
Barcelona Trip
Art in Barcelona
Barcelona
 |
| Torso Art |
|
 |
| National Museum of Wales |
 |
| Skulls in National Museum of Wales |
 |
Entry to National Museum of Wales
 |
| London Visit |
|
 |
| London Visit |
 |
| London Visit |
 |
| London Visit |
No comments:
Post a Comment