Looking deeper into the anatomy, at a more microscopic level, I became interested in bone and its structure. The bone marrow has very interesting shapes that resemble cave-like structures. I wanted to try and replicate the similar, connecting shapes of the bone marrow using simple materials like wire in a more abstract fashion. I began using wire and string, bending it into the desired shape and wrapping the string around to add the correct colour and added textures. It is a simplified representation showing the crossover of the fibres.
 |
| Bone |
 |
| Abstracted wire bone marrow |
Although I am interested in the bone marrow, I do not think this wire structure will develop into my final piece. However, I do like the idea of using the bone marrow as inspiration due to its intriguing forms and both its positive and negative space.
No comments:
Post a Comment