After looking into bone marrow, I decided to take a slight tangent and look into other microscopic structures in the body. I enquired about cells and their connective nature, also their relationship with other forms like veins etc. This was a very basic model using wood, tissue and string. This could potentially be blown up in size as a large scale sculpture or installation. I used tissue which was twisted to hold a strong shape and then looped them together. I attached these to the wood using staples and then added the blood vessels (string) that entwined with the cells. Abnormal cells, especially cancerous, have properties to group together and grow, causing growths. They attach in an interesting manner.
If everything else goes wrong, this is something I can always come back with due to its effective yet simplistic nature and easy making process. It involves very little handy-work, however, the tissue in this process was weak and held together feebly, so the loops kept breaking apart. Personally, I prefer the bone marrow exploration and models, and that is what I would like to look into further.


No comments:
Post a Comment