Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Making Process 2: Stopping the Spillage

After having the tubes cut on Friday, I began to set up the process to begin pouring the plaster. I had to put clay at the base of the tube to try and stop any of the plaster leaking as well as secure it with cable to ties to stop it falling over. After testing one to see how much plaster a tube would use, I made all the other plaster rods. It did not run as smoothly as the first tube; the clay was not completely air tight and the plaster leaked everywhere on one of the other tubes. Also, it was quite challenging making the plaster the same consistency with each bucket. Some were thicker than others and I had to make around two buckets for each tube. Eventually. after solving the many crises that occurred and cleaning up all the mess I had six plaster tubes.

To prevent spillage

Cable ties to keep tube sturdy 

Final set up before pouring 



Making up plaster

Pouring Plaster

No comments:

Post a Comment